Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tiny Little Mermaid ACEO paintings now on eBay




Up for auction on eBay are my latest little creations. Most often I like to paint LARGE- I mean really big- a small wall works well for me. When painting large I can capture plenty of details. Still paintings that are very large take weeks to produce, cost $1000s and not everyone has wall space for the very large pieces. So I decided to see what was selling well on eBay. It does seem that there are a number of collectors who want and will pay about $100 for small trading card size paintings. ACEO stands for Art Cards Editions and Originals. They are always 2.5 by 3.5 inches. I bought myself a better pair of close up reading glasses and gave it a try. Here are the first 3 of a series of 9 ACEO original paintings. Its a collection of old world mermaids with positive messages. My Mermaids have been waiting for a chance to speak...After the nine originals have sold I will sell a small limited edition of ACEO prints. Sort of fun painting these little pieces and I have lots and lots of series ideas. Sort of nice to be creating and painting every day- plus inch for inch you get more money for the time spent painting. An ACEO painting a day just might keep the bill collectors away.

3 comments:

Coastal Sisters Too said...

Dee, Lisa here...one of your "fellow mermaid artists" and collector of your works...and I must say I LOVE LOVE LOVE these ACEO's...how wonderful :) Keep up the gorgeous paintings!! I soooooo love them!!

Art4U said...

Great Mermaid Paintings!
x Julie x

TitusL said...

Love your mermaids and your Art,
thought you might like to see my Mermaid Queen machinima film
with Lisa Thiel's lovely song
http://youtu.be/YBKZG6Fc7aE
Bright Blessings ~